Fitness for Kids - Kids City - "Up & Go"
Funfitness in conjunction with At Croydon Tennis Centre we offer a variety of #schoolholidayprograms and #kidsholidayactivities including our very successful #HolidaySports&AcademicCamp, #PREP Gross Motor Skills tennis camp, #ANZTennisHotShots JuniorDevelopment #tennis camps, #multisport&fitnesscamps and #HolidayIntensiveSwimming programs catering for kids from the age of 3 and up. All #VacationCare and programs single day registration along with full week registration.
A sausage sizzle is provided daily for ALL attendants, and a supervised refreshing swim daily for competent swimmers.
AUTUMN HOLIDAY CAMPS
Camp 1:- Monday 3rd April - Friday 7th April 2017
Camp 2:- Monday 10th April - Thursday 17th April 2017
Camp 3:- Tuesday 18th April - Friday 21 April 2017
Vacation Before and After Care Service
Croydon Tennis Centre has an established "School Holiday Vacation Before & After Care service" for our school holiday program and kids holiday activity participants. Croydon Tennis Centre School Holiday "Vacation Before & After Care Service" is available daily from 8am - 9am & 3pm - 6pm. Please note this needs to be booked in advance. Click here for further information.
Our specialised kids boot camp programs "Kids City" are targeted specifically at children to keep them focused and entertained while teaching them the fundamentals of maintaining a healthy attitude and lifestyle. We also work on self esteem leadership skills and provide mentoring.
The benefits include;
- Healthy growing bones
- Less weight gain
- Hand and eye coordination
- Increase fitness level
- Learn how to eat healthy
- Learn how to play all sports Soccer, Hockey, Volleyball, etc
Childhood obesity is a term that until recently was seldom used in Australia. But with changes to our lifestyles, diet and society, Australian Government statistics show an alarming increase in the number of Australian children who are now classified as obese.
- An estimated 1.5 million or 20-25% of children under the age of 18 are considered overweight or obese
- Children are getting less aerobic exercise; the level of aerobic fitness is decreasing by about .4% a year
- If weight gain continues at the rate seen in recent years, by the year 2020, 80% of all Australian adults and one third of all children will be overweight or obese
- 50% of obese adolescents continue to be obese as adults
Childhood obesity is linked to many health risks such as;
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- Low self esteem
- Psychological stresses e.g., depression
- Increased risk of heart disease
- Increased risk of gall bladder disease
- Some cancers e.g., breast cancer, endometrial cancer, colon cancer
- Shorter lifespan
- Muscular-skeletal problems
Bring your children in today for an assessment and a trial to show them that fitness can be fun and effective at the same time.